7 DAY JEWISH HERITAGE TOUR
Day 1: Welcome
Day 2 - The Four Quarters
- The Jaffa Gate;
- The Tower of David;
- The Burnt room;
- The broadwall of King Hezekiah as described in the book of Isaiah;
- The Roman market;
- The Western Wall;
- The Western Wall Tunnels;
- The tomb of King David;
- The Arab markets.
If you wish, we will also visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher where Christians believe that Jesus was crucified and buried.
Day 3 - City of David and Ammunition Hill
- what many believe are the remains of David’s palace;
- The huge water tunnel of King Hezekiah;
- The Siloam Pool visited by Jews prior to entering the Temple;
- A street built by Herod the Great;
- The main street of Jerusalem at the time of the destruction of the second temple.
Later you will visit Ammunition Hill, site of a key battle from Israel’s capture of the Old City.
Day 4 - Masada and Dead Sea
- King Herod’s magnificent suspended palace;
- The Roman bathhouses;
- The ancient Mikvot;
- The ancient synagogue.
You will also hear the story of the heroic Jewish rebels who made their last stand here.
Later, you will have time to float in the Dead Sea.
Day 5 - Sacrifice and Heroes
- The Holocaust history museum;
- The Hall of Names;
- The childrens’ memorial;
- The ghetto fighters memorial;
- The garden of the righteous among the nations.
Day 6 - Coastal Wonders
- The large theater;
- The chariot racing arena;
- The ancient prison;
- The lavatorial system and aqueducts;
- The ancient world’s most impressive artificial harbour.
You will continue to Haifa, Israel’s third largest city where you will see the beautiful Bahai Gardens.
Your final stop will be Acre, the capital of the crusader kingdom. You will then make your way to Tel Aviv
Day 7 - Tel Aviv
- The port from which Jonah tried to flee God;
- The beautiful art galleries;
- The old gates of walled city.
You will continue to modern Tel Aviv where you will hear the story of the foundation of the city, see independence hall, and visit the lively Carmel market.
Your tour ends this evening.
5 star plus hotel – Call us for a quote
- private tour guide
- all site entry
- all ground transport
- breakfast daily
- hotel of the chosen class