Great! Here’s what you need to know.
Is this a group or private tour?
We offer this tour in 3 forms:
- As a small group tour limited to 12 passengers.
- As a semi private tour in which you have a private guide on days 2, 3, 5 and 7 and join small group tours on days 4 and 6.
- As a private tour with your own guide and transport throughout your stay
What are the tour dates?
Our small group tour starts on the first Monday of every month, unless there is a Jewish religious holiday that week. If there is a Jewish holiday falling in the first week of the month, the tour will commence on the Monday of the first week in which there is no Jewish holiday.
How much does this tour cost?
The cost of this tour depends on whether you choose a small group tour, semi private tour or private tour.
Our small group tour costs $2495 per person in a twin room at a comfort hotel, with the option of upgrading to a superior hotel for $300 per person.
Our semi private tour costs $2895 per person in a twin room at a comfort hotel, with the option of upgrading to a superior hotel for $300 per person.
Our private tour costs $3595 per person in a twin room at a comfort hotel, with the option of upgrading to a superior hotel for $300 per person.
What hotels do you use?
We usually use the following hotels:
Prima Park Jerusalem / Jerusalem Gardens Hotel & Spa (or similar), Maxim Tel Aviv or Prima City Tel Aviv or similar
If you purchase our hotel upgrade you will usually stay at the Leonardo Boutique Hotel in Jerusalem and either the Cinema Hotel or Hotel Rothschild 65 in Tel Aviv.
7 DAY JEWISH HERITAGE TOUR
Our Jewish Heritage Group Tour commences on the 1st day of every month. Our group
Day 1: Welcome
Day 2 - The Four Quarters
- The Jaffa Gate;
- The Tower of David;
- The Burnt room;
- The broadwall of King Hezekiah as described in the book of Isaiah;
- The Roman market;
- The Western Wall;
- The Western Wall Tunnels;
- The tomb of King David;
- The Arab markets.
If you wish, we will also visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher where Christians believe that Jesus was crucified and buried.
Day 3 - City of David and Ammunition Hill
- what many believe are the remains of David’s palace;
- The huge water tunnel of King Hezekiah;
- The Siloam Pool visited by Jews prior to entering the Temple;
- A street built by Herod the Great;
- The main street of Jerusalem at the time of the destruction of the second temple.
Later you will visit Ammunition Hill, site of a key battle from Israel’s capture of the Old City.
Day 4 - Masada and Dead Sea
- King Herod’s magnificent suspended palace;
- The Roman bathhouses;
- The ancient Mikvot;
- The ancient synagogue.
You will also hear the story of the heroic Jewish rebels who made their last stand here.
Later, you will have time to float in the Dead Sea.
Day 5 - Sacrifice and Heroes
- The Holocaust history museum;
- The Hall of Names;
- The childrens’ memorial;
- The ghetto fighters memorial;
- The garden of the righteous among the nations.
Day 6 - Coastal Wonders
- The large theater;
- The chariot racing arena;
- The ancient prison;
- The lavatorial system and aqueducts;
- The ancient world’s most impressive artificial harbour.
You will continue to Haifa, Israel’s third largest city where you will see the beautiful Bahai Gardens.
Your final stop will be Acre, the capital of the crusader kingdom. You will then make your way to Tel Aviv
Day 7 - Tel Aviv
- The port from which Jonah tried to flee God;
- The beautiful art galleries;
- The old gates of walled city.
You will continue to modern Tel Aviv where you will hear the story of the foundation of the city, see independence hall, and visit the lively Carmel market.
Your tour ends this evening.